I'll leave you with the final blog in the novel, and also the final words of the novel. And the picture of Pacy drinking a cup of coffee while drunk, which has become for me a kind of symbol of novel completion (since I posted it last year on my final blog).
Jill and Heather - I'll be cheering you on from cottage country!
Can't wait to read what everyone has done this year.
Ultimate Mommy Bloggers Against Ford 1.0
Final Blog
July 29, 2011
A love letter to the City of Toronto.
This will be our last blog. We don’t need it anymore. Edie is returning to her job as a social worker at Food Start. Grace has decided to leave academia behind and try her hand at noveling.
We couldn’t leave the blogging world behind us forever without thanking from the bottom of our hearts all of you for the outpouring of support. You were there for us when we needed you, even though we had spent months ridiculing you publicly and privately.
Without you, the Food Start Community Centre and the Precious Peoples Daycare would have been shut down forever. Without you, Ford would have succeeded with his plans to turn this City into a selfish, hyper-individualized, dog-eat-dog kind of place.
We didn’t change the course of history through blogging. It was our actions, together, that put this City on the path to greatness.
Here’s to a new world in which the most vulnerable get a helping hand instead of a slap to the face. We’re no longer “against” something, we are “for” something. Together, we will build a City committed to equity, accessibility and love.
We’ll see you at Jackie’s Place, where there is always the best music and locally-grown food options.
Love
Edie Marlowe-Spade & Grace Storey

Amazing finish Jackie, can't wait to read your novel. I will raise my glass of champagne in the general direction of cottage country when I finish my novel tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI love this picture of Pacey holding a cup of coffee. There's something hilarious about it that I can't even describe in words. Luckily, I don't have to.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! It sounds like your novel actually has an ending instead of just abruptly stopping.
Can't wait to read it!
As we have said once every few days during this inimitable month, you really brought the noise. I love the politics that you put in your novel, without sacrificing the side-splitting humour.
ReplyDeleteI salute you, and Pacey Drunk.